Black Rock RPG

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Black Rock RPG
Black Rock RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» rolls for scene 3
Getting Started Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 7:05 pm by GM

» Rolls for Scene 2
Getting Started Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 12:57 pm by GM

» Rolls for Scene 1
Getting Started Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 7:06 pm by GM

» XP Expenditures!
Getting Started Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 2:47 pm by Gordon thomas free

» Dice Rolls
Getting Started Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 2:50 pm by Andrae

» Vampire Mentors
Getting Started Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:42 am by Broderick the vamp

» So... When will the game start? >.>
Getting Started Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:32 am by GM

» The Resources You May Need
Getting Started Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:24 am by GM

» Forum issues
Getting Started Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:25 pm by Broderick the vamp

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Getting Started

Go down

Getting Started Empty Getting Started

Post by GM Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:03 pm

If you need books or a basic overview of how to create your character, let me know and I'll send you some information in an email to get you going.

Character sheets can be downloaded at http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com.  He even has some that are designed to be edited on a computer.

If your character is remaining mortal (human) then I suggest downloading a 4-page character sheet.

If your character is going to go trough a supernatural transformation, then make up a generic 1-page sheet and also download a 4-page race specific sheet.

I do not recommend using the character sheets I rigged in the forum.  It's a noble concept, but flawed.

GM
Admin

Character sheet
Name::
Player::
Virtue::

https://blackrockrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Getting Started Empty Re: Getting Started

Post by GM Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:04 pm

As a note, download the New World of Darkness sheets.

GM
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GM Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Point distributions: Attributes

If you need books or a basic overview of how to create your character, let me know and I'll send you some information in an email to get you going.
On the character sheet you'll notice that the attributes are broken down into blocks of three. The first three, Intelligence, Wits, and Resolve are the Mental traits. Strength, Dexterity and Stamina are the Physical traits, and Presence, Manipulation, and Composure are the Social traits.

Select the order in which your character values his traits. Is he more athletic? Is he more of a book worm? Or is he the type to frequently grace social circles? Perhaps your character is an athletic type who does well in social gatherings, but has the grammar skills of a ten year old. That would then be the order of your traits. In this example, the character would choose Physical, Social, and Mental in that order.

Each trait automatically gets one dot granted to you. Your primary trait set gets five (5) distributable points, your secondary gets four (4), and your tertiary gets three (3). If you want to upgrade the trait to five dots, it will cost you five points: one for each of the dots and two for the last one.

GM
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GM Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Point Distributions: Skills

Once you've got your Attributes out of the way, select your skill types in a similar fashion. You start with no dots in any skill. For your primary, you get eleven that you can put in whichever skill you want. Your secondary gets seven, and your tertiary gets four. Like with Attributes, fifth dots cost two.

GM
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GM Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:42 pm

For the rest of your expenses, I give you 35 spending points.

For additional Attributes: take the number value of the new dot and multiply by 5. If you skip dots, you need to add up each dot separately.

For additional Skills: take the number value of the new dot and multiply it by 3. If you skip a dot, each dot in between is added separately.

Skill specialities cost 3 points per dot.

Merits: take the new dot's number value multiplied by 2. Please note that Merits need to be purchased by their given values. If there is a variable price for a merit you want, ask me and I'll tell you the value I'm putting on it. It may be different player to player based on your path.

Morality: you start with seven. When you do something that is below your morality, you get to make a roll to see if it drops. Then you roll again to see of your character suffers derangement. When you do acts of kindness and caring, your morality may go up at my discretion. If you wish to start the campaign with more than seven, you may spend the number value of new dot multiplied by 3. Like with the others, you still need to pay for the ones you skip. After character creation, higher morality needs to be earned.

GM
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down